Director of Faith Formation (DFF)
Supervised by: Pastor/s
Employment Status: Full Time (12 Months)
Oversees: Holy Saints Area Catholic Community: Holy Cross, Marty; St. Anne’s, Kimball; St. Mary Help of Christians, St. Augusta; St. Nicholas, St. Nicholas; & St. Wendelin, Luxemburg Faith Formation programs.
Duties and Responsibilities: As representative of the pastor, the Director of Faith Formation implements the parishes’ religious faith development for children through adult within the Holy Saints Area Catholic Community (ACC). The DFF manages and develops the overall religious education programs, youth ministry, and adult education. The DFF reports to the pastor and parish councils/committees as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in theology, pastoral studies, religious education or a related field, or a combination of education and 4 years’ experience.
- Live and actively practice the Roman Catholic faith.
- Demonstrated leadership, management, and significant organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and collaborate with a wide spectrum of parishioners and volunteers.
- Knowledge of the Catholic doctrine, beliefs, and teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Experience working with multi-parish groups/clusters.
- Computer literacy, good written and oral presentation skills and ability to relate well with volunteers and parents.
- Experience in faith formation, youth ministry, and adult ministry.
- Ability to teach and implement age appropriate instructional materials and various methods of teaching.
- Must adhere to the requirements of the Diocese of St. Cloud as far as passing the staff background check, read and sign the “Sexual Misconduct Policy” and “Ethics and Integrity Policy”, and view the required safe environment training.
- Must have valid driver license, car, and cell phone.
Faith Formation Responsibilities:
- Select curriculum material, conduct curriculum inventory, and order supplies as needed. Review Faith Formation standards.
- Recruit teachers and aids and provide training, materials, calendars, schedules and lead teachers’ meetings.
- Oversee sacramental preparation (i.e., Baptism, First Reconciliation, First Communion, Confirmation, RCIA) and lead parent meetings when needed.
- Be the Safe Environment contact and training (both adults and children).
- Secure registration of students and insure that records of both students and programs are kept and maintained.
- Assist homeschooling parents.
- Communicate information for Sacramental Recordkeeping for parish secretary.
- Address discipline situations as needed.
- Plan programming and retreats for Reconciliation, First Communion, & Confirmation in collaboration with the Faith Formation team.
- Promote/invite Mass servers.
- Attend Diocesan religious education functions, meetings and support network groups.
- Organize summer programming such as Vacation Bible School.
Youth Ministry (Grades 7-12):
- Develop and coordinate formation programs for middle and high school students that will provide spiritual experiences, social and recreational activities, and service opportunities.
- Organize summer programming such as Totus Tuus , retreats, or mission opportunities.
- Organize Adult Faith Formation including bible studies, speakers, family education nights, etc.
Please email, or send, cover letter and resume to:
St. Anne’s Catholic Church
Attn: Lana Vossen
441 Hazel Avenue East
Kimball, MN 55353