Director of Faith Formation (DFF)
Supervised by: Pastor/s
Employment Status: Full Time (12 Months)
Supervises: Holy Cross, Marty; St. Anne’s, Kimball; St. Mary Help of Christians, St. Augusta; St. Nicholas, St. Nicholas; & St. Wendelin, Luxemburg
Duties and Responsibilities: As representative of the pastor, the Director of Faith Formation implements the parishes’ religious faith development for children through adult within the Area Catholic Communities (ACC). The DFF manages and develops the overall religious education programs, youth ministry, and adult education. The DFF reports to the pastor and parish councils/committees as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in theology, pastoral studies, religious education or a related field.
- Experience in youth ministry or faith formation leadership.
- Live and actively practice the Roman Catholic faith.
- Knowledge of the Catholic doctrine and beliefs as presented in the documents of Vatican Council II, the Catechism of the Catholic Church and other relevant Church and Catechetical documents.
- Computer literacy, good written and oral presentation skills and ability to relate well with volunteers and parents.
- Strong leadership, teaching, management and organizational skills.
- Ability to engage and collaborate with a wide spectrum of parishioners and volunteers with enthusiasm, sensitivity and compassion.
- Ability to implement age appropriate instructional materials and methods of teaching.
- Aids in creating and supporting opportunities of learning, reflection and fellowship for adults.
- Must adhere to the requirements of the Diocese of St. Cloud as far as passing the staff background check, read and sign the “Sexual Misconduct Policy” and “Ethics and Integrity Policy”, and view the required safe environment training.
Faith Formation Responsibilities:
- Select curriculum material, conduct curriculum inventory, order as needed. Review Faith Formation standards.
- Recruit teachers and aids and provide teaching materials, calendars, schedules and lead teachers’ meetings.
- Oversee sacramental preparation (i.e., Baptism, First Reconciliation, First Communion, Confirmation, RCIA) and lead parent meetings when needed.
- Be the Safe Environment contact and training (both adults and children).
- Secure registration of students and insure that records of both students and programs are kept and maintained.
- Assist homeschooling parents.
- Communicate information for Sacramental Recordkeeping for parish secretary.
- Address discipline situations as needed.
- Plan programming and retreats for Reconciliation, First Communion, & Confirmation in collaboration with the Faith Formation team.
- Promote/invite Mass servers.
- Attend Diocesan religious education functions, meetings and support network groups.
Youth Ministry (Grades 7-12):
- Develop and coordinate formation programs for middle and high school students that will provide spiritual
- experiences, social and recreational activities, and service opportunities.
- Organize summer programming such as Totus Tuus and/or Vacation Bible School for the children and youth.
- Organize Adult Faith Formation including bible studies, speakers, family education nights, etc.
Please email, or send, cover letter and resume to:
St. Anne’s Catholic Church
Attn: Lana Vossen
441 Hazel Avenue East
Kimball, MN 55353